Best Summer Project Award
Recognizing and Awarding Excellence and Value Creation by B-School Students
Every year thousands of MBA students from different schools appear for their internships with different organizations. In order to recognize & reward excellence & value creation by B-School students, YUGMA came up with “Best Summer Project Awards” where BSchool students across the country gets an opportunity to demonstrate the impact that they created through their summer internships to a panel of CEOs and CXOs and stand out in their learning and exposure.
The competition saw students’ registrations from 50+ B-Schools including IIMs, Goa Institute of Management, BIM- Trichy, IMT – Ghaziabad, NITIE, Chetana Institute of Management, BITS Pilani, SIMS, RICS SBE (Amity University), IES MCRC, DMS IIT Delhi, Welingkar (Mumbai), SCMHRD, SIOM etc.
The students were asked to answer questions about the objective of their project, learnings derived from the project, tangible results generated & contribution of the project in growth of the company!
The initial applications were shortlisted by a team of CXOs based on students’ answers to the questions asked and the Top 60 were selected for the final round of presentations in front of a jury panel of CXO industry veterans.
The Top 60 students went through 3 “Meet the Mentor” mentorship sessions with CXOs before their final presentation, viz:
- How to present SIP with impact? by Shantanu Sen Sharma (Chairman of YUGMA Advisory Board & Founder of Ozone Education Consultants)
- Ask Me Anything Session! by Meenu Bhatia (Co-Founder of VANS Skilling & Advisory)
- How does a CEO assess business impact? by Gaurav Gandhi (Strategic Academic Alliance Manager, TATA Sons)
These sessions helped them understand how they should:
- Leverage their SIP for their final placements & during their final presentation
- How should they present their project with class & impact to CXO jury
- A CEO’s perspective of assessing business impact!
Winners, first runner ups & second runner ups across specialization (total 15 students) won cash prizes (INR 10,000, INR 8,000 INR 7,000 respectively) along with a certificate!
- Win Cash Prizes
- Get recognized by industry leaders
- Opportunity to get mentored by CXOs & CEOs.
- Network with Global business leaders
- Collaboration with students to bring in research insights.
- Opportunity to build a brand at campuses.
- Real-life business problem-solving.
- Build a talent pipeline for the future.